Since we relocated to the Phoenix AZ area, we are enjoying...scratch that enduring...scratch that one too....tolerating the summer heat! I've decided to do some research, creating and massive taste testing on some cold/iced/frozen coffee infused drinks to share in the coming weeks.
We have a simple one to start with...it's one I drink when I want a little iced treat during the day and love to share with my friends when I have them over. What's great is the milk you choose can be any kind...I like to use soy milk but you can use almond milk, skim, 2%, whatever you want.
I have the recipe for Cold Brew Coffee available in a previous blog. To get the recipe, click here. Here's the quick and simple recipe;
- 1/4 cup of cold brew concentrate
- 1 cup of cold milk (whole, skim, almond, soy etc)
- 2 teaspoons of honey
- Pour your cold brew coffee in a tumbler or glass of choice
- In a small microwave safe cup of bowl, heat the honey. Shouldn't take long to heat such a small amount.
- In a separate cup or small glass, add your cold milk. Start stirring the milk and add the heated honey. By heating the honey it will help prevent it from hardening in the milk. (Honey will dissolve much easier in the cold milk than it will in the cold brew coffee or the coffee and milk)
- Once dissolved add the milk and honey mixture to the cold brew coffee.
- Chill in the fridge if needed or enjoy!
Having friends over?... Make a head of time in a large container and simply double or quadruple the recipe in a pitcher. Set in the fridge and when your guest arrive...wonderful chilled milk & honey lattes.
I tend to use coffee ice cubes to enjoy it sooner with added coffee flavor from the ice cubes OR use regular ice cubes should you wish to put together and serve immediately. There really is no wrong way to make it.
I hope you enjoy. Be sure to comment and let me know your thoughts and how you made yours,