2016 was about a new beginning. We moved back to Arizona to be closer to family, revamped Johnny Lolita's and Johnny has been focusing on his consultancy-Career Coaching. Although we left our recruitment world, it never left John...it followed him everywhere. So in addition of assisting me on the coffee/confections side...he's continuing his career coaching business. (Click here). In which I can assist him from time to time.
Each year, there has been one thing that many who preach the power of goal setting, building your business, etc is to be a little more vulnerable and tell the world exactly what you're doing. I never wanted to for fear it was too personal...won't help me reach my goal,...why discuss it? In reading further, many explain that if no one knows what you're wanting to accomplish, how are you going to get there? This year, I'm stepping out of my comfort zone and opening up.
A quick review of 2016 and things we are thankful for:
- Back in AZ and reconnecting with friends & family.
- Started Johnny Lolita's and began building locally.
- Successfully started to sell roasted coffee locally (Phoenix metro) via online sales, word-of-mouth, social media & events.
- Maintained our current customers in TX, NM, PA, NY, GA, DC, TN, WA, FL, CO & CA.
- Took my Food Handlers course, & received certification for cottage kitchen and began selling my confections and baked goods locally. Excited that it's been successful and building quickly.
- Started custom gift containers and have sold to corporate accounts, realtors and individuals.
- Did a couple of large events ( wedding & corporate) and sold "favors" & "thank you" gifts to attendees.
When I take the time to review...I feel I am making progress. I appreciate everyone who has contacted me and given me the opportunity to roast fresh coffee and/or bake items for themselves, for gifts or some sort of event. Without you all OR "y'all...Johnny Lolita's would not be here.
I truly L❤️VE what I am doing now. I love creating things that will put a smile on someone's face, I love talking to be people about "The Art of Coffee & Entertaining at home." The ability to create fun & creative ways to deliver gifts....I could blather on.
Now here comes the hard part for me. Opening up and letting you in on my dreams I have for Johnny Lolita's. Okay....here it goes.
Goals for Johnny Lolita's:
- Have a small building (lease) with a commercial catering kitchen so I can build upon my confections/baking side of business
- Start "Coffee parties" at customers' homes to educate on coffee, brewing & other fun accessories for the home.
- Providing blogs on entertaining at home with coffee, and other fun ideas for the home.
- Partcipate in at least 16 "boutique/events" to sell our products.
- Continue marketing our online sales of fresh roasted coffee shipped to your door.
- Market our local delivery of fresh roasted coffee to your home or office.
- Obtain a vintage trailer or some sort of mobile vehicle to revamp and utilize at events as well as weddings, birthdays or corporate events selling our fresh roasted coffee and sweets.
- Create new products (coffee accessories or other home products) to sell online.